Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Studies in Applied Linguistics is an academic journal (the SALi) published by the Faculty of Arts at the Charles University in Prague and its aim is to be a publication platform for applied linguistic research with a special focus on the Central European region. In order to provide our readers with a journal of highest quality, it is guided by the principles of Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement. The above mentioned principles are binding to all parties participating in the publication of the SALi.
– authors must ensure that they have written entirely original works,
– if authors use previously published materials, they must cite them appropriately,
– authors must ensure that the manuscript has not been issued elsewhere,
– authors must present all sources used while working on their manuscripts,
– authors must notify the SALi, shall they be aware of any conflicts of interest,
Chief Editor Responsibilities
– chief editors must evaluate and make a decision which of the articles submitted to the SALi will be published,
– chief editors must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts are kept as confidential,
– chief editors must notify the SALi, shall they be aware of any conflicts of interest,
– chief editor guarantee that each prospective manuscript is reviewed for its academic content,
– reviewers must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts are kept as confidential,
– reviewers must notify the SALi, shall they be aware of any conflicts of interest,
– reviewers must report to the Editor-in-Chief shall they be aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the authors side,
– reviewers must evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the works in a clear way.